Friday 21 January 2011

Thankgod it's friday :)

Wow what a week and a half that has been... I have been very busy decorating changing children into different rooms so it has been VERY busy here and not too much craft has been done :(. However I am going picture heavy today on my blog with a runner I made for my living room table and some recent purchases I brought with a voucher that my daughter Miss Strawberry Blonde bought me for Christmas, I also would like to add that Miss Strawberry Blonde got her first test results at Uni and got a 1st class in her test and that is the highest you can get so im really happy so maybe she is not party party partying whilst at Uni after all as us Parent's dread :)

So here we go of to the stores with voucher in hand.....




Firstly was this lovely bright coloured bowls the actual price on them was £19.50 and I was going to buy them at that price anyway  but whey heyyy they came up half price at the checkouts so I was very happy and went and looked some more to use my voucher up :)...




   and I bought two beautiful candle holders that were £6 each and they are really lovely the candles smell of sweet peas but |I won't be lighting these ones as I just want to keep them nice they are absolutely gorgeous they sell them in yellow too and they were also nice but I brought the pink ones.

Now for a little bit of kind of latest craft I wanted a runner for my table at Christmas but it seemed a waste to just do a Christmas themed one and take it off so I made a nice red one with hearts on that I could use all year round ....




It really brightens up that corner where my table is and was very easy to make I added some fine sparkly tulle with sequins on to make the hearts, my sister sent me presents one Christmas a few years ago wrapped up with this fabric so it's been extra special to be using that pretty fabric into something for our home.

Have a lovely weekend.

Paula x

8 comments:

  1. I love your bits of red. It is *one* of my favorite colours.

    The bowls look similar to ones I bought my daughter for christmas.

    Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting. It is the comments that keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot. The runner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cheery. I wish I knew how to crochet, as I would like to make your little flowers. It seems so confusing.

    A single mum to 6? Well done. I hope to be an encouragement to you in any way I can. Although, I have 4 kids I am not single. Your world is very different in some respects. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thankyou for your comments. I could not crochet until last year if you want to learn an easy book I found was Rowan Crochet Workshop I started off with just a load of knotted wool until I found that book as it explained it in simple terms and never worry how you hold the crochet needle as I never hold it the way it's meant to be x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Miss Strawberry Blonde!! brains as well as beauty :o)
    your runner is so pretty, you made good use of the fabric and again your rooms look so tidy and organised esp. with so many little people about. puts me to shame.
    must get hold of that book as i want to begin some crochet soon.

    wishing you and yours a lovely week

    warmest wishes

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. helloooooooo

    i have posted on my first adventures in crochet today tee hee

    hope you are all having a fabulous tuesday xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Millie,I'm having a blog day tomorrow catching up on nosing around blogs and commenting and posting on mine, I had a quick look and they are so cute you are going to be great at crochet :)and the pic of Amy and Will awwwwwww so love it will catch up with you tomorrow night.Sleep well

    ReplyDelete