Friday 7 January 2011

Cosy Crochet

Well this weather is not up to very much today, but it's always a great excuse to cosy right up and craft :). At the moment I have a project that I am doing for my oldest daughter Miss Strawberry Blonde. Miss Strawberry Blonde already made me a proud mum the day she was born but in September I had an extra special extra heaps of proudness the day my daughter moved in to her own accommodation to start Uni at the still very tender age of 18. Me and her Nan had already cried lots of tears the day we found out she had got in as it's not always been easy with my little lot as I'm a single mum of six and I try my best but there is not always the quality time for each child as I would like.

The day my daughter moved in I took note of the colours she has in her room and this is what I'm making for her...




A nice cosy warm Uni blanket that she can wrap herself up in on those study nights. At the moment my hexagons are coming with me everywhere I was even sitting in a Restaurant in Greenwich hookying away whilst waiting for my lunch and in the car whilst waiting for my children to come out of school and every other spare moment I get. These hexagons are ever so easy to do, I only taught myself to crochet last year and I cannot wait to start sewing in the ends and blocking and putting it all together.





Have a lovely cosy crafty rainy day.

Paula xx

5 comments:

  1. congratulations to miss strawberry blonde and her sweet mum and grandmother.

    the hexagons are lovely, beautiful colours!

    warmest wishes from a very wet and rainy somerset xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have better weather today we even had some sunshine here today :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so did we! :o)

    a happy weekend to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. spring-like sunshine here today :o)

    we are having a lazy day, but tomorrow is going to be soooooo busy, as i have mutch catching up to do.

    sending hugs to you and yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just bobbing by to admire your lovely hexagons again and thank you for your lovely comments

    wishing you a wonderful week xxx

    ReplyDelete